feeleminds.com

Your Knowledge Partner!

Can HUF become a Director???

Companies Act | Rules | Company Law Board | MRTP | Competition Act | Depositories Act | SICA | eFiling queries | Bugs | SEBI Guidelines | SEC rules | Investor Protection | Independent Directors | Listing Agreement | Takeover Code | Corporate Governance | Audit Committee

Moderators: srinivasaraghavan, feele, sumitpahwa

Can HUF become a Director???

Postby madhuri » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 pm

Can anyone tell me about holdiing of directorship by karta of HUF? If yes, Which section of the Company Law apply to it?

Madhuri
madhuri
Trainee eMind !

Re: Can HUF become a Director???

Postby amanjain » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:25 am

dear madhuri,

i don't get your question.

do you want to know that can Karta of HUF holding a directorship in any company? if this is your question then answer is yes. and now you tell me that which sec. of company law prohibitated to hold a directorship of a company by KARTA?

regards
Aman Jain
amanjain
Addict eMind !

Postby hsanghvi » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:49 am

Karta of HUF can be appointed as Director of the Company as individual capacity as Sec. 253 of the Companies Act, 1956 lays down that "........................., and only an individual shall be so appointed."
hsanghvi
Trainee eMind !

Postby yogesh chande » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:11 pm

Let us wait for Madhuri to clarify first.

regards,
yogesh chande
Champion eMind!

Postby madhuri » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:30 pm

hi all,

Thanks for yr reply. I got the answer that as per sec 253 Karta of HUF can become Director as individual capacity. Now I want to know if an individual can become a director in two capacity, as Individual & as Karta of HUF??

Madhuri.
madhuri
Trainee eMind !

Postby hsanghvi » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:23 am

Logically not..........
hsanghvi
Trainee eMind !

Postby amanjain » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:46 am

dear madhuri,

karta as (personal) individual capacity can become a director. but not with his karta position. because karta hasn't have any individual statue. he is the only representative of HUF. if he had done some work as karta then this work would have applicable on HUF.

and according to sec. 253 the director of the company should be an individual. so its very clear that karta cann't become a director , as Karta of HUF.

regards,
amanjain
amanjain
Addict eMind !

Postby madhuri » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:01 pm

Mr. Aman

Thankyou. Now I am satisfied.

Madhuri.
madhuri
Trainee eMind !

Return to Corporate Law